Friday, June 15, 2007

I am alive

I promise.

Ok, I'm back in the US for the next ten weeks and have been going since I landed (or so it feels like). I got in on Saturday about noon (I slept 7 of the 10 hours on the long flight). When I got to Incheon on Sat am (Korea time) I noticed a cute-ish guy who was obviously military. Well as we de-planed at Narita (Japan) he and I got to talking and discovered that we were on the same flight to the US. So we hung out in Narita. He was headed to PA for a funeral and we had some fun times. He was funny. He was also a bit of a cad but at least I had some amusement for the layover (SNE - you would have loved him).

So land then lunch at Fudruckers and then home to sleep a bit. I took my computer in to Best Buy, just have a "check-up" which turned out to be a good thing as apparently the hard-drive is thinking about commiting suicide. Thankfully it's still under warranty. Sunday I went to 4th and saw most everyone I wanted to see (and met a few new people; which in one case was not a bad thing at all). Monday my maternal grandfather and his wife came to visit and we had fun with them going shopping and other such things. They actually just left this morning. My parents and brother are going to Canada later tonight and I am staying home. Then next week (I think) we are going to my mum's family reunion.

My dad leaves Wednesday to go to OR for an ordination and to get his mum to come live with us. She is going to need lots of care. They are going to try and see if hospice will come every day but if that is not going to work they are going to have to quite possibly put her in a home of sorts. She is still not listening to her Dr. and so is basically killing herself (she has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure).

That is the short update on my life. If you wanna know more by all means, shoot an email. I'm not sure how much posting I'll be doing this summer but come by and check.

No comments: