Sunday, April 06, 2008

Two in a row!

Last week was a nice week. We had a 4 day class week (Friday was a teacher work day) and on Thursday we had a field trip in the afternoon. This week will be equally nice. The kids will be testing, so as far as actual teaching goes I'll be teaching roughly half the week.
Our trip on Thursday was to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. I'm sure it would have been more interesting had the displays been in English but as they were not I was not to enthralled. But it had potential as they also had extensive stuff about the history of Christianity. The whole week the teachers had been reminding the kids what time they had to meet us after lunch (we let them go do their own thing). If they were late they got detention. Well. Ummm. After all that, the teachers were the late ones. By like 5 or 10 min.

The Scrolls are at the War Memorial Museum for about another month. I was not able to take pictures inside but the exterior more than makes up for it. The last picture is the only one I was able to take that had any relation to the Scrolls.

And for those of you who were concerned about my lack of food from that last post: I got paid last Monday and promptly went shopping.

No comments: