Sunday, July 20, 2008

On Reading

I am a reader. My main sadness, if you will, with teaching is that at the end of the day I'm too brain dead to read. Occasionally something attracts my interest enough to get me to finish it.

I'm a fast reader. Not as fast as some mind you but faster than average. My parents stopped buying me books when I was 15 because I read them to quickly. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in roughly 6 hours (including stops for dinner and brother care).

My preferred genre is fantasy but alas, most of today's fantasy is not worth reading. Occasionally I'll find something good though. I read other things too but they usually have to come highly recommended. Sometimes I read things based on their associations (I just bought two CSI:NY books).

When I get a book and enjoy it I often stay up waaaay toooo late reading it. A few years ago I was sent a book and read till 4 am. Right now it's 12:15 am. I was reading till 12 (CSI:NY) but for some strange reason decided to get online and post.

Just thought you might like to know.

No comments: