Saturday, December 27, 2008

On Fractals

I'd have a hard time explaining a fractal; the closest I can get is that basically its a pattern that repeats itself in a limited space, getting smaller the more it repeats. But it's so much more than that. Look at wikipedia for a better explanation. I really don't care how you explain them; I love them. There is something about them that draws me into it. It's like I can feel whats going on.

DeviantArt has some great pieces you can get and I really like Nicholas Rougeux's stuff. Some of his stuff almost makes me want to cry. I just wish he'd not put the titles on the works; to me, these speak for themselves. Oh, well, doesn't make them less beautiful. One day I will purchase some of them. When I have money and a place to put it. The latter is more the issue than more than the former is.

No comments: