Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pirates!

I think I like it but am not entirely sure yet. Seeing it on the big screen is a little too much, especally when the creatures are as...icky....as they were in this. I shall reserve final judgement untill I see it on a TV screen in a well-lit room (with substantially less movie sound). It did not help that I had just pigged out at an all you can eat seafood buffet. I was just glad I had not eatten the calamari. But I think it was rather good and cannot wait for the next one (of course I'll still be in Korea but we'll see how things are going then).

Benjamin and Amy move tomorrow so it'll be a big day. I also have my dress - I'll post a picture next week.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Yup. Definitely too much darkness and weirdness for me, but bringing what's-his-chuck back at the end was a surefire way to get me back to the theatre next summer.

Joanna said...

"whats-his-chuck"; also known as Barbarossa...

mel said...

I have to admit, the first Pirates was a little weirder than I was happy with... is the second one worse?

Joanna said...

Yes and no...mum read somewhere that it was the creation of a new genre - Comedy/Horror...