Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Drama, Noses and Cookies

Oi this week; or to be speicific, yesterday. It started Monday when John skipped school for the 3rd time (the 2nd in less than a week and a half). Justin was with him. Justin was going to be suspended but John had merited himself an expulsion. I had to tell Esther (his twin sister) about it yesterday. They had come in together but I had to send John to the office so she did not know anything about it. She cried for the rest of the day. But by the end of the day (somehow) they had decided to let John remain a student, though on thin ice. Justin is suspended for a few days. During homeroom Danny came in to say something to James and almost started a fight. James was trying to get physical, but Danny was not trying to avoid it. I have no idea what it was about; it was all in Korean. Thankfully Max and Jesse stepped in and helped hold back the other two. Things were fixed by the end of second hour. Finally, I gave my first spanking yesterday. Joshua is a kindergartener who is a very bad little boy. He gets spanked about once a week. I ended up downstairs during the lower elementary lunch and Rachel (his teacher) was very busy. I told him to sit down several times but he was not listening. Finally I told him if he did not stay in his seat he'd get a spanking. Well, he did not so he got the spanking. And I could tell it did not make much of an impression.

Koreans are funny; they want "American" noses. Several of my kids have told me that they are jealous of my nose and that I could get lots of money if I were to sell molds of it (if I could figure out how to do that I so would). It is not uncommon for a student, usually Nicole in grade 7, to start touching my nose and marveling at how hard it is (I don't have much in the way of cartillage). It's nice to know that there is a culture that likes my nose as much as I do. I love my nose more than would be considered normal.

Speakin of normal; I want to make these cookies in the worst way. They are so cute! I am not normal! (that last is meant to be said in a Chandler-esque manner [you know; from Friends?])

No comments: