Friday, May 16, 2008

School Stuff

Yesterday was "Teachers Day", basically meaning students give teachers little presents. The theory amongst some is that its a "bribe" to get good grades. But whatever. Any day I get presents is a good day for me. I did not get much from my homeroom (just one candy bar) but that's ok. They are not the "giving presents" type. I did get a few little snacks from kids in other classes but the things that I got that were more long lasting came from kids I don't actually teach. Four of the kids in grade 11 gave me something; Riley gave me a mug that had a print of the "Happy Tears" painting on it, Jerry gave me a candle (apple scented), Rocky (I don't consider him a "teachee") gave me a headband, and Grace gave me some incense. Both Jerry and Riley said, when they gave their gifts to me, that they are excited that I will be teaching them next year. Which brings me to my next thought...

As far as I know I'll be in charge of Chemistry next year. It's as set in stone as anything around here ever is. I am looking forward to it in that I love the kids I'll be having (current grade 10 and 11). I'm not so sure about the medium. At present I'll be proctoring a video. I'm already trying to figure out ways to make it worthwhile to pay attention. But I'll get the kids through it if it kills me. Maybe this is why God wants me here another year. To get them through this class.

Starting this week we have things going on every Friday (and in some cases Thursday). Tonight is the Band/Orchestra Concert. Next week is the High School Play, the week after is the Elementary Play and Graduation. Then exams and ALL DONE!! Till August at least...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It will be amazing to hear how the Lord uses you in the lives of those kids next year.