Sunday, May 18, 2008

Life Post

But this will most likely be rather disjointed because I'm watching The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe having just seen Prince Caspian last night (it was good. And may I say; the guys who play Peter, Edmund and Caspian are nice to look at). I want the soundtracks to both movies. I love fantasy. Always have. I've actually gotten into a new-ish series just this week. [WARNING: If you don't like Harry Potter you might want to skip down to the next paragraph. At the very least I'd not recommend clicking on the links.] I'm not sure what the name of the series is but, in short it's about "vegetarian" vampires (they've sworn off humans) and how one of them falls in love with a human. I read the first Friday and the second today. Both books are about 500+ pages. Reading that much in that small amount of time of course means I'm mentally living in Forks (the town in which the story takes place). Not on the level of Rowling and for sure not on the level of Tolkien but still a nice "fluff" bit of fantasy. I plan on obtaining the third book this week sometime. Book four comes out in August and the movie version of the first comes out in December.

So I finally decided to just get over it and go on the heart medication (I went to see the Dr. for allergy stuff and he still wanted me on the meds). So I went last week to get the prescription and when he took my bp it was down again! 130/90. I know thats still high but it was much higher in February when I first went (160/90). So he wants me to walk for an hour four times a week and come in every other week or so and get it checked. For now no heart medication. I can do that.

I got more Teachers Day presents the night of the concert; a face wash, some soap and the best of all: Chanel perfume. I love the scent (Coco Mademoiselle) but am not sure if I'll wear it. I already have a scent I wear that is quite nice. But it's Chanel for crying out loud! But I already have my scent! This is my latest "issue". Yes Sarah, I know you'd gladly rid me of that issue and take the perfume off my hands.

The school's music concert went well as far as I know. I was with the orchestra during the first half so missed the band part. Then when they went down to play I had to run make photocopies, so I only heard about three songs. But it was good what I did hear. The play is this Friday. It's gonna be so cute.

Since January I've been doing a choir thing on the US Army base. It's an international group of people and we meet on Tuesdays. Our concerts were the past two Sundays. They went pretty well. I was not too into some of the songs, but my favourite one more than made up for it; Allelua by...I can't remember. Students came to both concerts (yay bonus point bribery!). There are some fun people in the group. I've not entirely decided if I'm doing it again in the fall but I'm leaning toward yes.
~~
A lovely summer recpie that I came up with in my own head (I think):

1 bag of pasta
3 or 4 chicken breasts (more or less, depending on how much chicken you want, I go with how much is on the styrofoam tray)
Italian dressing (about 1/2 a bottle, again, depends on how much you want)

Cook pasta according to directions. Cook chicken however you desire (I chuck it in the oven with lemon pepper). Shred chicken, combine all ingredients. It's nice hot or cold but I prefer cold.
~~

I think thats it but I know I'm going to remember something later. Oh well. This is long enough.

No comments: