Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Tooking of Tookies

For some time now several of the girls have been bugging me about a cooking club. I finally got around to getting it up and running, and today was the first day. We'll meet every Tuesday for the next six weeks and every week will make cookies for the Christmas Program and something meal-ish. Today we made sugar cookies, fried chicken (grumzies recipie!) and mashed potatoes. I have 9 girls. All but one of them are in grade 9. There is one seventh grader. I was not sure how things were going to go what with having so many girls but with making so much stuff there was work for all. I'm not really teaching them how to cook; I can tell several girls know their way around the kitchen. It's more like showing them some "American" food they can make at home. It was insanity for two hours but I can't wait for next week! Next week I'm planning on making Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup and no-bake cookies.




And a few other "non-slide" pics.A total photo-op. And the only time he did not instantly get chastised for using the compy as a butt warmer.

The worlds greatest coffee cup. If only it were real.

No comments: