Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Detention

Tomorrow is the schools Christmas Program. The theme is "An International Christmas". We are holding the program downstairs where we have chapel. Because of space the kids have to stay in their classrooms untill it's time for their part of the program. Therefore we have teachers stationed on the stairs to make sure they stay quiet. I'm the last teacher they see before going into the waiting area. I warned them that if I had to speak to anyone they would get detention. Well the entire Jr. High (almost 40 kids) and most of the Sr. High all got detention for too much noise. They had to walk up and down the stairs for 10min. Quietly. They were not too impressed but did it (what choice did they have). Then I had 3 others for another 10min. It's kinda a punishment fitting the crime thing; too much noise on the stairs they have to walk them quietly. I now have a reputation amongst the High School as a mean teacher but if they listened....

Some of the kids still had detention with Laura after they were done with me....

We'll see what happens tomorrow during rehersal.

No comments: