Friday, February 15, 2008

Aigo!

Which is the Korean equivalent to oi...

This week I got a cold. Tuesday night I went to bed with a sore throat and the feeling that something was coming. I was not too sure at that point if it was wicked or not. Well it was. Wednesday I got worse as the day progressed and by the end of the school day I had a highish fever. So I went home and slept, woke up about 7ish, ate something and went back to bed. Thursday I did not have a feever but still felt crummy. Today I am much better. Except I sound like a man. During Biology as I was teaching my voice got worse. After every verbal pause I had less of a voice. So after about 10 min of that I decided this was not going to work and had the kids read the few pages and answer some questions about it. They laughed every time I spoke but I don't care; I did too.

Grade 7 has been dissecting frogs this week. That has been an interesting experince. The girls did not mind at all but the boys squealed like 5 year old girls. I have pictures and hope to put them up this weekend.

Grade 8 has a test today. I almost feel sorry for them. But not really. If you read Jessica's blog, I'm the teacher she talks about in some posts. This past chapter has been about science faith and reason. One of the big things I have emphasised is following directions (reason). They rarely do. So this test says at the top"Read the whole test before you answer any of the questions". The last question says "Do not answer any questions. Put your name at the top of the test and put your head down." If the follow directions they will get an "A". Otherwise they are going to fail. If 10 kids pass I'll be shocked. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to get them to do what they are supposed to do and nothing else has worked.

I've never been so happy for a weekend...

No comments: